Priscilla's Story

Hi, my name is Priscilla & I am 22 years old. Yesterday I found out I was 7 weeks pregnant..

I made my appointment in hopes that I would get a negative result back, & I would go on with my life. But I didn't turn out that way. In the past 3 & a half years there were several times I thought I could've been pregnant, but turns out I wasn't. For awhile I thought I couldn't get pregnant? Guess I was wrong?

The doctor came in, told me it was a definite positive. Those were words I was not expecting to hear at all! She didn't know my situation, & I was about to tell her, it was too embarrassing. She told me I could go through with the pregnancy & continue my pregnancy at their clinic... or TERMINATE the pregnancy... wow I can't believe I (ME) am even considering this option?!

I am PRO-LIFE! It's not that I don't want my unborn child, I would love to have him/her, it's just everything in my life is messed up & nothing is right. The timing is all wrong for me to be pregnant right now.

I have a soon to be 4 year old son whom I love with all of my heart. He lives with his father 20 mins away. I see him every weekend. I have nothing for my son right now. No home, no money. I have no job, I'm not in school... I have nothing?! His father is giving him everything I don't have (right now) & another child is not a good idea at all.

I hate more of the fact that I have been too careless about my choices lately ... which ended up me being pregnant. I have been partying too much & not giving a care about what I've been doing. What's embarrassing about my situation is I'm not sure who the father of my unborn child is? I didn't ever think (I) would be one of "those" girls who ends up pregnant & doesn't have a clue who the father is! But I am.

It hurts to think of all the damage I've caused already to my unborn child with all the partying I've done. I have one more day to make that phone call to set an appointment to "take my baby away". I really wish I had someone there with me, but I can't tell anyone, they wouldn't understand. So now I have to go through a scary, painful procedure, ALONE. I can't stop crying. I don't know what to do. 80% of me wants my child, and the other 20% doesn't because I don't know who the father is, caused damage to my baby by partying, and have NOTHING??

I better end this now before it turns into a book.

I hope it somehow helps somebody by reading this? I know reading a few of other women's stories did for me.


more stories -- share your story

Birth Control Comparison - alll methods Abortion Info from Feminist Women's Health CenterShare your story
Poetry and Prose - by women about their reproductive lives Teens HealthResources for Women of Color
Feminist Abortion Clinics Real Life Abortion Stories from teens Questions and Answers


Cedar River Clinics believe that every woman must have decision-making power over her body, reproduction and sexuality.